What is going to work to share the garden space? What are the goals of this project?
- Raise healthy food that will be used for cooking, preserving, sharing and eating.
- Learn and understand what the natural processes around growing food are.
- Help urban bees by creating a small haven and possible nesting site.
- Make use of the land resources around the house that are now essentially empty.
- Bring people together around the space and the projects.
- Provide welcoming outdoor space for independent projects kids want to do.
What are the current resources available?
- Aprox. 100 square feet of raised beds under cultivation.
- Lots of garden books and materials around the house.
- A desire to grow more food and eat more seasonally and locally.
- Smart bunch of homeschoolers with some energy.
- Smart Nature instructor with great energy and experience with Life Lab, etc.
- Life Lab
- San Diego Master Gardeners
- California School Garden Network